Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"I Don't Want to Miss a Thing"

So my title for this post/blog is normally-in context with the song/lyrics a love song. Aerosmith sings about his lover who he wants to spend the moment that they are in forever, and he tells her he wants to be with her forever and never miss one thing she does. Well, your probably wondering how this works with my life at the moment. Well....Today was my last, first day of high school. Am I honestly going to miss RTCS when I graduate in 282 days? Yea, of course. I've been there since 5th grade; I've made my closest friends there, who have just about become family to me. I don't want to miss one minute of this year. I don't want to miss one thing, one event that even a small part of me wants to be at, because after this year I can never do it again. I'm going to take advantage of the time I have left and enjoy it. Even if things don't go the way I think they're going to go, I'm going to still enjoy it, because it's God's plan and that's how He wanted everything to work out. Yea, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get to a point where I'm going to get sick of school and hate it and just want to graduate; but I need to remember that this really is it; I can never have it back. And I think knowing and remembering that, it will put me back in the state of mind that I want to be in.

Now I'm not going to lie, this year I think is going to be really hard on me. Anyone who truly knows me, knows that I get stressed VERY easily. This past weekend I had a stress attack because I was stressing myself out and worrying about things I shouldn't have been. Please pray for me, when it comes to this. I really need God's strength to control it and not worry so much. Anyways, so my classes...I'm taking AP Western Civics, AP European Literature, Chemistry (from a college book-so it might as well be an AP class), Choir, Advanced Music theory/Select Ensemble, Yearbook editor, Senior Projects, College Prep, and Gym. I think that's it. If you didn't know, my senior project it doing the schools yearbook. Haha, how is this going to work out you may ask when this is a class...? I don't know. I will figure that one out when I speak with our new yearbook advisor tomorrow. But I have already started doing so much on it and have 32 hours out of 24 hours that is required. I'm excited about my senior project and my mentors! I just hope everything goes the way I want it to....ok they probably won't, but I can hope. I don't even want to think about doing my AP Lit paper and a paper for senior project and everything for AP History, and still keep up with Chem. I may just die.

So needless to say, I, along with the rest of the seniors need lots of prayer. I'm sure we are struggling to deal with everything that is ahead of us. And almost wonder how we are going to live through this year without going crazy or killing someone. hehe... jk. No I know we will. I just don't know how with all the school work we're gonna have to do. And at the same time have time for relationships, friends, family, jobs, and to take everything in. We will though...I know we will.

No comments: